Objectives of the trainingTo provide the knowledge and skills required to understand the roles of the process owner, the process manager and the service owner, as defined by ITIL®. These roles will be defined with reference to the daily activities of maintenance and continual process improvement.
Targeted audienceAnyone responsible for implementing, maintaining or improving one or more of the ITIL® processes, or responsible for service delivery.
- Importance and purpose of IT governance
- Relationship and integration of governance with other management frameworks and trends (ITIL®, PMBoK®/PRINCE2®, Agile, DevOps, SIAM and COBIT®)
- Practice and service owner roles
- Role and responsibilities assigned to the practice owner
- Practice owner responsibilities in relation to the 4 dimensions of service management (Organization and people, Information and technology, Partners and suppliers, Process and value stream)
- Integration and holistic view of service management
- Management mechanisms and activities required to act as a practice owner
- Distinctions between the roles of Practice Owner, Practice Manager, Service Owner(s), Service Level Manager and Business Relationship Manager
- Interactions between each role and how they will contribute to service governance
- Practice and service monitoring indicators
- Governance Committee and Accountability
- Practice audits and verification
- Intra and inter-organizational meetings
- Authority responsibilities and scope of action
- Communication and information sharing
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library®: IT Infrastructure Library ® ™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.