ObjectivesTo provide French speakers with the knowledge and skills required to identify and correct the most common mistakes by putting into practice the rules and conventions of contemporary English writing.
Targeted audienceAny French-speaking audience.
PrerequisiteBasic knowledge of English.
- Word order and sentence structure (adjectives, adverbs and other parts of speech)
- Tips and tricks for choosing the right preposition (in, at, on, to and others)
- Using the gerund (the -ing form of the verb)
- Using the infinitive
- Count and non-count nouns
- Using the definite article (the)
- Using the apostrophe and the hyphen
- Useful language tools (online, reference books and others)
Note: Explanations may be provided in French in order to ensure a good understanding of the concepts covered. This course does not include a review of verb tenses, which is covered in Course CM115.