Objectives of the trainingTo provide the knowledge and skills required to use verb tenses correctly, without hesitation, and avoid making errors that could compromise the quality of one's writing.
Targeted audienceAny French-speaking audience.
PrerequisiteBasic knowledge of verb tenses in English.
- When and how to use the different verb tenses in English
- Understanding the differences between the various aspects of time (simple, continuous, perfect, perfect continuous)
- Exceptions, such as irregular verbs and stative verbs
- Errors arising from direct mapping of tenses from French usage
- Tips for choosing the right verb tense
- Grammar tools (online, reference books and others)
Note: Explanations may be provided in French in order to ensure a good understanding of the concepts covered.