ObjectivesTo provide the knowledge and skills required to use verb tenses correctly, without hesitation, and avoid making errors that could compromise the quality of one's writing.
Targeted audienceAny French-speaking audience.
PrerequisiteBasic knowledge of verb tenses in English.
- When and how to use the different verb tenses in English
- Understanding the differences between the various aspects of time (simple, continuous, perfect, perfect continuous)
- Exceptions, such as irregular verbs and stative verbs
- Errors arising from direct mapping of tenses from French usage
- Tips for choosing the right verb tense
- Grammar tools (online, reference books and others)
Note: Explanations may be provided in French in order to ensure a good understanding of the concepts covered.