Objectives of the trainingAfter completing this course, participants will be able to apply the basic concepts supporting the adoption of DevOps-based practices and understand the complementarity with Lean, ITIL or Agile approaches.
Targeted audienceThe personnel involved in the high-velocity delivery of IT services and highly automated environment, as well as those in a management position.
PrerequisiteParticipants should preferably have three to six months' prior experience in an IT organization.
- Concepts of DevOps
- Leadership for DevOps - (re) distribution of authority within the teams
- Supporting the organization in its transformation to a DevOps culture - moving from siloed functional teams to product and platform teams
- Justify the DevOps approach: external factors, technology change, technical debt creation, standardization needs
- Understand and align with business objectives: business value support (level of response to customer expectations), True North values and principles,
- The specific challenges of aligning business priorities and objectives, strategic objectives and team objectives,
- Create a vision and strategy for the transformation:
Clarify, motivate, coordinate
Identify the current state and envision the future state
Mental models and structure
- Identify and engage key stakeholders
Stakeholder management process
- Leading a culture of self-organized, multi-disciplinary teams
Specialization vs. multi-disciplinary
Agile vs DevOps teams
Leadership and team authority
Phases of evolution of DevOps teams
- Gather, distribute and implement feedback
Role of relationship management in aligning and understanding business objectives
Roles and people to engage during engagement and feedback for effective feedback
Product Owner, Business Relationship Manager, Business Analyst
- Identify flows across the value chain
Impact of complexity on flow and delay
Unplanned work as a barrier to business value
Mapping the value chain
Appropriate choice of measurement metrics
Visual management for a visible and transparent value chain (Scrum with Kanban)
Communication tools and strategy to improve the flow through the value chain
- Organizing in iteration to accelerate learning and experimentation
Relationship between visual management and Scrum
Agile Scrum to promote a culture of learning and experimentation
Importance of XP practices to improve quality and reduce risks
- Moving towards continuous delivery
Key questions on automation
Impact of architectures on integration and testing
Impact of trunk and branches on continuous delivery
Release cadence and deployments
Key toolchain points to ensure efficient integration and flow in the deployment pipeline.
- Leading a culture of continuous improvement
Leaders and employee involvement
Problem solving with Lean Kaizen
The DMAIC model (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Leading for innovation
- Improving organizational resilience and stability
From reaction to learning
DevOps Practice on Disaster
DevOps Practice and Resilience
DevOps Practice and Anti-Fragility
PeopleCert's official DevOps fundamentals exam is included Format: 40 multiple choice questions Duration: 60 minutes. It is recommended to follow the training with an accredited organization with accredited courseware and trainers.
The course, the material and the exam are in English. This course includes interactive presentations supplemented by classroom sessions and other exam-like exercises.
This course is an intensive two-day session covering the concepts of culture, organization, process, technology and measures, as defined by PeopleCert in the DevOps framework. This workshop is intended for practitioners or managers regularly involved in one or more basic activities of high-speed management of IT services. At the end of the course, participants will take an hour-long exam containing a multiple-choice questionnaire to obtain the international PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals certificate.
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by Qualiti7 ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved