This time management training course offers you a simple, concrete and easily applicable method, perfectly adapted to a project management context!
Get a clear view of your tasks and stay focused on your deliverables. End your days with the satisfaction of having accomplished what needed to be done, for the advancement of your projects!
Objectives of the trainingAt the end of this course, you'll learn tried-and-tested methods for managing your tasks efficiently.
Targeted audienceAnyone with projects to manage and execute who wants to improve their time management skills.
- Manage tasks efficiently and avoid forgetting anything;
- Better coordination of resources and stakeholders;
- Better manage communications;
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Control and reduce emergencies and unforeseen events;
- Make the link between project management tools and time management tools;
- Plan effectively for day-to-day, medium- and long-term needs;
- Set priorities and stick to them;
- Respect planning.
- Understanding the complementarity between time management and project management
- Review of project management processes;
- To which process is time management mainly linked?
- The 5 major dimensions of control;
- Diagnosis of work and organization methods;
- The eight laws and principles of time management;
- Finding solutions to this complexity.
- First pillar-Efficient planning and control of activities
- How to move from overview to day-to-day management;
- How to master time management and collaborative tools effectively;
- The importance of centralizing information in a single tool, and how to achieve this;
- Principles of appropriate breakdown of deliverables in each tool (project and time);
- Coordination and management of stakeholders;
- Risk management and mitigation.
- Second pillar - Prioritization
In this module, participants will be introduced to various matrices that can be used by project managers and team members to prioritize tasks and make informed decisions on how best to use their time and resources.
- How to set priorities throughout the project;
- The 6 decision-making matrices that can be used in project management as a source of inspiration;
- Plan your priorities according to value-added activities
- The time boxing method and the standardized agenda.
- Third pillar - How to stick to your planning
At the end of this module, participants will be in a position to mitigate the main time-suckers in order to better respect their planning.
- Identification of time wasters;
- Key actions to mitigate time wasters.
-Interactive presentations -Illustrations using concrete examples -Demonstration of proposed methods -Practical exercises -Self-evaluation tests -Action plans completed during training
Type of training
The time management method is suitable for several platforms; Outlook, Office 365, Gmail and Google Calendar, Lotus Notes, Apple, Groupe Wise, Thunderbird, Evernote.