Objectives of the trainingUpon completion of this course, participants will be able to carry out continuous improvement projects of average complexity, locally and transversely.
Targeted audienceManagers who need to understand Lean Six Sigma concepts and apply them to continuous improvement projects of average complexity within their organizations, locally and transversely.
- Module 1 – Deployment with the company: corporate vision, leadership
- Module 2 – Organizational process management and measurement: impact on stakeholders, project follow-up
- Module 3 – Project management: Defining the project, team leadership, team dynamics and team performance, agent of change, management tools and planning tools
- Module 4 – Team management: training, facilitation, dynamics, time management, decision-making, management and planning tools, performance assessment and rewards
- Module 5 – Lean Six Sigma methodology - Define: voice of customer, critical-to-satisfaction characteristics, development of SIPOC project, project monitoring
- Module 6 – Lean Six Sigma methodology - Measure: data collection, descriptive statistics, tools (brainstorming, cause-and-effect diagram, deployment of quality function).
- Module 7 – Lean Six Sigma methodology - Analyze: identifying factors to improve, failure analysis, value-added flow analysis, natural and assignable variation, probability and basic statistics, analysis of variance (ANOVA), simple linear regression, basic parameter distribution, basic hypothesis testing
- Module 8 – Lean Six Sigma methodology - Improve: identifying and choosing solutions, basic tools and improvement methods, assessing scenarios, eliminating waste, cycle time reduction, cause and effect diagram, the 5 Whys, Kaizen method, the 5S organization method and visual control, quality and fail-safes (Poka-Yoke), theory of constraints, pilot and implementation, risk analysis and mitigation method
- Module 9 – Lean Six Sigma methodology - Control: statistical process control, other control tools, implementing controls, maintaining improvements
This training course consists of 9 modules. Action-based training using a combination of theoretical learning and practical applications Examples, practical exercises, case studies and sample ASQ exam questions. The class delivery style rests largely upon the sharing of individual experiences and interaction among participants.
Type of training
The Green Belt exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions covering all 9 modules. Participants will be given 1.5 hours to complete the exam and will be allowed to use their course manuals during the exam. This exam is similar to the exam delivered by the ASQ. After completing this exam, participants will be able to register for the ASQ exam, if they so desire, in order to obtain certification from the ASQ. The ASQ exam is not included as part of the course. Here is some general information regarding the ASQ exam: Each certification candidate must complete and pass a multiple-choice exam that measures their understanding of the overall body of knowledge. The computer-based CSSGB exam is a one-part exam that consists of 110 questions. The exam is 4.5 hours long and offered in English only. There are 100 scored questions and 10 unscored questions. The paper CSSGB exam is a one-part exam that consists of 100 questions. The exam is 4 hours long and offered in English as well as in Spanish and Mandarin in certain areas. Consult the available exams, dates and locations here . All of the exams are open book. Each participant must bring his/her own reference material. Participants are responsible for covering the cost of the exam.
Training will take place over a 2-month period: 7 days of training, 7 hours per day (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) If, after completing the course, you wish to carry out a process improvement project (DMAIC method) within your organization and would like to obtain personalized coaching for your project, you may add 10 hours of individual coaching to your training.
The reference manual used for training is available only in English since it originates from the Book of Knowledge of the American Society of Quality. The course will, however, be delivered in French, although English will be used for technical terms and participants will received several documents in French and/or English.