ObjectivesAt the end of this training, the participant will be able to determine the essential elements and activities as well as the tools and interventions necessary to perform software quality assurance and thus achieve the desired level of quality in software projects. In addition, he will be able to complement the software testing of his organization.
Targeted audienceAll development positions and more specifically: department heads, project managers, product managers, analysts, developers, quality assurance managers, customers of a software vendor.
- Concepts and principles of quality
- Differences between assurance, control and tests
- Costs of SQA
- Roles and responsibilities related to SQA
- Profile of SQA analysts
- Overview of quality reviews and audits
- Software verification and validation
- Including SQA as part of projects
- Software metrics
- Overview of software standards
This course does not address software testing (see Course TL101), but rather software quality assurance.