ObjectivesTo provide the knowledge and skills required to develop applications in Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET).
PrerequisiteProgramming experience and good knowledge of Windows.
- Overview of the .NET framework: the CLR (Common Language Runtime), classes, namespaces, global assembly cache, etc.
- Definition of application types: Windows, ASP, WPF, Silverlight, Azure, Windows Store
- The development environment: Visual Studio
- Structure of an application: solutions, projects and assembly
- The Visual Basic .NET programming language: variables, objects, arrays and collections, constants, methods, events
- Designing simple objects
- Debugging applications
- Exceptions and error management
- Deploying .NET applications
- Overview of advanced features
Note: Although the most recent version of Visual Studio and the .NET framework is used during the presentation of this course, features particular to the 2008 and later versions are also covered.