9h to 16h
Preferential fee A preferential rate is offered to public institutions, to members of certain professional organizations as well as to companies that do a certain amount of business with Technologia. To know more, please read the "Registration and rates" section on our FAQ page. Please note that preferential rates are not available for online training courses. Discounts cannot be combined with other offers.
ObjectivesTo provide the knowledge and skills required to use DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) expressions to resolve a wide range of analytical and data modeling issues.
Targeted audienceProfessionals who use Power Pivot and/or Power BI Desktop to analyze data and wish to create dynamic, high-performance dashboards.
PrerequisiteExperience with Power BI.
- Getting started with DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- Basics of data modeling
- What is DAX
- Creating calculated columns
- Navigation functions
- Conditional and logical functions
- Creating calculated measures
- Time Intelligence
- Time intelligence functions
- Using X functions and A functions
- Table functions
- DAX as a query language
- Using variables
- What is filter context?
- Using filter context (CALCULATE, substituting filter contexts, FILTER, ALL, ALLEXCEPT)
- CALCULATE and time intelligence (YTD, MTD,12 month rolling average, 3 month rolling average)
- Semi additive measures
- Overview of row context and transition context
- Using iterator functions
- Nested row context
- Managing errors
- Implementing basic security
- Dynamic security
- Role playing dimensions (importing several tables and USERELATIONSHIP)
- Advanced DAX functions (CONTAINS, FIND, SEARCH, SUBSTITUTE, ALLSELECTED, RANKX)
9h to 16h