Objectives of the trainingTo provide the knowledge and skills required to use the advanced features of Power BI using the Python language.
Targeted audienceUsers who need to create and publish reports within their organization and who wish to master the functionalities offered by Power BI with Python (rather than M and Dax which are not required for this training).
PrerequisiteProficiency in Power BI 1 (Course MS421) or general knowledge of power bi.
Associations and Partners Companies
In this training you will see how to optimize your data with Power BI. You will learn how to leverage the power of Power BI and Python to connect, retrieve, transform and visualize data.
Once you understand how to build a dashboard with Python in Power BI, you'll be able to analyze data that will allow you to both track the status of your department or business, as well as make findings that will feed your future recommendations.
The combination of Python and Power BI provides the ultimate tool for connecting, analyzing, and visualizing data in depth while remaining actionable (especially for those who don't want to use M and DAX).
The tool is part of Office 365.
- Installation and configuration of Python in Anaconda (and its libraries)
- First steps with Python in Jupyter Notebook
- Installation of Python libraries (Matplotlib, Seaborn, Numpy, Pandas, Statsmodels, etc.)
- Integration of Python in Power BI (data sources and their manipulation) and scripting showcases (Python visuals)
- How to import data using Python into Power BI
- How to clean, process and model data using Python in the Power BI query editor
- Web scraping exercise (retrieving data from web pages)
- Introduction to advanced modeling (links between tables and introduction to forecasting models (e.g. forecasting exchange rates according to the price of a barrel).
- How to visualize data using Python in Power BI.
- Marrying data tables to create a business model.
- Correcting filters with Python (instead of DAX)
- Advanced DAX functions (Measures, etc.)
- The best tricks with DAX (displaying minimums and maximums, etc.)
- Advanced visualizations
Public sessions are not considered by Scale AI for grant funding. Only customized versions of these trainings are.
If you are interested in developing your skills with DAX, please consider the Power BI: Optimizing Data Models with DAX course (MS426)