Objectives of the trainingUpon completion of this course, participants will be able to carry out complex continuous improvement projects, locally and transversely (multi-team).
Targeted audienceManagers who need to understand Lean Six Sigma concepts and apply them to complex continuous improvement projects within their organizations, both locally and transversely.
- Module 1 – Deployment with the company: corporate vision, leadership
- Module 2 – Organizational process management and measurement: impact on stakeholders, project follow-up
- Module 3 – Project management: Defining the project, team leadership, team dynamics and team performance, agent of change, management tools and planning tools
- Module 4 – Team management: training, facilitation, dynamics, time management, decision-making, management and planning tools, performance assessment and rewards
- Module 5 – Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Module 6 – Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Module 7 – Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Module 8 – Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Module 9 – Lean Six Sigma methodology
Black belt only
- Module 10 – Lean Six Sigma Methodology -Measure: process characteristics, measurement systems, advanced statistics, process capability, dashboard management
- Module 11 – Lean Six Sigma Methodology - Analyze: measure and model relationships between variables, additional methods of analysis, probability and advanced statistics, experiment plan, Six Sigma design, advanced analysis of variance (ANOVA), multiple regression, advanced parametric distribution, non-parametric distribution, advanced hypothesis testing
- Module 12 – Lean Six Sigma Methodology - Improve: identifying and choosing solutions, tools and advanced improvement methods, advanced evaluations of Pugh analysis scenarios, reducing cycle time based on tact time
- Module 13 – Lean Six Sigma Methodology - Control: advanced statistical process control, robust design, rate of bias
This training course consists of 13 modules. Action-based training using a combination of theoretical learning and practical applications. A practical simulation workshop of a Kaizen event allowing participants to truly experience the different concepts of continuous improvement and waste elimination. Examples, practical exercises, case studies and sample ASQ exam questions. The class delivery style rests largely upon the sharing of individual experiences and interaction among participants.
Type of training
The Black Belt exam consists of 70 multiple-choice questions covering all 13 modules. Participants will be given 2 hours to complete the exam and will be allowed to use their course manuals during the exam. This exam is similar to the exam delivered by the ASQ. After completing this exam, participants will be able to register for the ASQ exam, if they so desire, in order to obtain certification from the ASQ. Obtaining certification from Technologia: • Passing score on the exam delivered at the end of the course • Presentation of a completed business process improvement project • Evaluation of participant’s file by a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt ASQ exam • Each certification candidate must complete and pass a multiple-choice exam that measures their understanding of the overall body of knowledge. • The computer-based CSSYB exam is a one-part exam that consists of 165 questions. The exam is 4.5 hours long and offered in English only. There are 150 scored questions and 15 unscored questions. • The paper CSSYB exam is a one-part exam that consists of 150 questions. The exam is 4 hours long and is offered in English, Spanish and Mandarin in certain areas. See all exam dates and locations available. • All of the exams are open book. Each participant must bring his/her own reference material.
Training will take place over a 3-month period: 10 days of training, 7 hours per day (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and a half-day for the exam. If, after completing the course, you wish to carry out a process improvement project (DMAIC method) within your organization and would like to obtain personalized coaching for your project, you may add 10 hours of individual coaching to your training.
The reference manual used for training is available only in English since it originates from the Book of Knowledge of the American Society of Quality. The course will, however, be delivered in French, although English will be used for technical terms and participants will receive several documents in French and/or English.
Interest in Lean Six Sigma has been growing steadily in recent years. But what exactly is Lean Six Sigma? This course will introduce you to and help you perfect your knowledge of the fundamental concepts of the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and process. It will also enable you to understand and know how to effectively use the concepts, principles and tools of Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) process methodology. It will help you successfully contribute to your organization's Operational Excellence program. You will, first and foremost, be able to see the extent to which a lack of quality can negatively impact your organization. The Lean Six Sigma – Black belt training course will enable you to use a clear and simple framework focused on customer satisfaction, expenditure reduction, greater performance and a higher level of quality within your organization. This course will prepare you for the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification exam given by the American Society of Quality.