Objectives of the trainingTo provide the knowledge and skills required to describe the notion of value system, value chain, the practices and roles that an IT organization needs in order to provide quality IT services within its company and to its clients.
Targeted audiencePersonnel involved in the day-to-day delivery and management of IT services. IT managers and technicians who want or need to manage and improve the services offered by the IT department.
PrerequisiteParticipants must have at least three to six-months’ experience working in an IT company.
With ITIL, the focus is on the value for the company and the transition from process to practice.
The key concepts of Service Management (value, stakeholders, services).
Understanding them through the set of organizational capabilities that enable the creation of value for customers in the form of services.
- Relativity of the value according to the perception of the stakeholders.
- Nature of stakeholders (service provider, consumer, others).
- Different roles of service consumers (customer, user, sponsor).
- Co-creation of value in a service relationship.
- Difference, similarities and links between Product and Service.
- Distinction between Utility and Guarantee.
- Do not confuse result and deliverable.
The four dimensions of service management: a holistic approach.
- Organizations and people: structure, culture, skills, roles
- Information and technology: knowledge and technology requirements, relationships between value system components
- Partners and suppliers: strategic approach according to the company's objectives, culture and business environment
- Value streams and processes: inputs, deliverables, sequence and dependencies
The service value system (svs).
Understanding it to ensure that the organization continuously co-creates value (inputs + elements + deliverables) and to combat the creation of silos. Review of the key components of SVS:
- Guiding principles: to guide the organization in all circumstances.
- Governance: to ensure direction and control of the organization.
- Service value chain: the activities to deliver a product/service. First Involve, Plan, Design and then Build, Sustain and Improve.
- Practices: to achieve a goal using organizational resources.
- Continuous improvement: to be able to continuously meet stakeholders' expectations.
The seven guiding principles of ITIL® 4: universal and sustainable.
Apply them to foster success, encourage improvement and provide guidance in all circumstances.
- Focus on value
- Start here
- Move forward by iterations with feedback
- Approach holistically
- Focus on simplicity
- Optimize and automate
Application of ITIL® 4 principles
Management practices: using all organizational resources to achieve an objective.
- Relationship Management
- Service Level Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Change Enablement
- IT Asset Management
- Policy Configuration Management
- Deployment Management
- Release management
- Incident management
- Service Request Management
- Problem management
- Event Management
- Service Desk
Application of ITIL® 4 principles (continued)
- Continuous Improvement
Discussion on the implementation of Service Management principles
- Typical approach based on agility, governance and continuous improvement
- Key processes for organizations
Review and practice writing the exam
- Question and answer session
- Practice exam with practice questions
This certification course is always and only offered with the associated certification exam. This course entitles you to 14 PDU.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library®: IT Infrastructure Library ® ™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by Qualiti7 ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.