Virtual classroom courses
How do virtual classroom courses work?
You will follow the course in Montreal in real time while being in our Quebec City classroom. All the equipment you need is given to you by Technologia and will be ready in the classroom for your arrival (laptops, cameras and communication system). The duration of the virtual classroom depends on the particular course you have chosen and will be the same as the in-classroom version.
How will I receive my access information?
A few days before your training session, our team will email you all of the links you need to access your online class, your virtual machine (for lab-style courses) and digital course material.
How can I interact with the trainer?
You can interact with them as if you were in the classroom. The trainer will be able to see and hear you as if you were with them in Montreal. All of the participants of the virtual classroom in Quebec City will be filmed using a single camera. The sound will be distributed through a fiber-optic IP system.
What is the screen sharing?
The course will be projected on a screen in Quebec City. This means that the interactive screen in Montreal and the trainer (giving the course in Montreal) will be projected on two screens side by side in your classroom. The trainer will be able to access your laptop, see what you are doing in the case of practical exercises and be able to help you if needed.
What are the technical requirements for logging on to a 100% online classroom?
You will be connected to a one-on-one Zoom training session, allowing you to interact with the trainer and see his or her screen.
Check before the training that your computer is capable of using the Zoom application. You may need to ask your IT department for support in installing it. Especially if you are part of a public or para-public organization. Our technicians will not be able to do it!
- Access Zoom through the browser (no need to install the application). However, some organizations block access to zoom.us.
- use a personal computer, on which you can install the necessary applications or use the browser without constraint.
We recommend that you take the training in a quiet place, with a computer equipped with headphones or a headset with a microphone.
For IT (lab) courses, you will need:
- A computer equipped with Windows 10 (Windows 7 is no longer supported)—a Web browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge) will be used to access your Technologia training lab through our online portal. Note : we no longer support the Safari browser.
- Your Internet connection must be stable. As such, we recommend a wired connection rather than a WiFi connection, with a minimum speed of 20 Mbps/second.
- Using the workstation from which you expect to follow your course, we ask that you ensure that you are able to properly connect to the following page: https://vlabs.technologia.net. The connection information will be provided to you on the day of training.
- For the best possible experience, we suggest you have two screens connected to your computer in order to scroll through your lab notes along with the trainer’s notes appearing on your Zoom, Teams or Webex session.
Need technical assistance? The Technologia team is here for you!
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your training, please contact us by phone at 514 380 8220 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can help you resolve them as quickly as possible.
It is possible that remote troubleshooting on your computer may be necessary.
In this case, at the request of the technician, please click on this quick assistance link: