ObjectivesTo provide the knowledge and skills required to optimize and make effective use of the advanced features of VMware vSphere 7.0
Targeted audienceAll networking positions (other than DBAs).
PrerequisiteExperience with TCP/IP networking, Windows Client/Server administration and VMware vSphere (Course VM110).
- Overview of the advanced management tools provided by vSphere
- Management and configuration using the command line tools
- Monitoring resources and performance
- Repairing a vSphere infrastructure
- Configuring, managing and analyzing vSphere log files
- Automating tasks with scripts
- Managing CPU and vCPU resources
- Managing RAM memory resources
- Setting up and managing networks using vNetwork Distributed Switch (dvSwitch, vDS)
- Managing storage resources
- Advanced vSphere configuration options
- Best practices in managing virtual machines
Most of the features discussed are available in all versions of VMware vSphere (6.7,6.5, 6.0).
The course material is in English.