Objectives of the trainingBecoming familiar with the fundamental HTML5 APIs for web application development
Targeted audienceDevelopers and integrators.
- Presentation of the HTML5 context, its APIs and CSS3
- HTML5 syntax: elements, attributes, DOCTYPE
- Support verification, emulation prostheses and syntax validation
- Custom attributes with data-* and DOM HTML5
- Forms: new input types for the input element; placeholder, required, min, max and autofocus attributes; datalist, meter, progress and output elements; editable content
- Video and audio publishing: supported formats and codecs, insertion without programming, management by programming through APIs
- Geolocation API for external localization
- Local persistence API for local storage of information
- Overview of the new "service workers" API for saving application resources for offline access
- Use of abstraction layers: for IndexedDB and for service workers
- Synthesis exercise with offline application and data persistence
Type of training
Note that the structural elements (section, article, header, footer, nav, aside, main, figure, time, picture) are presented in the HTML course (Course WE106).