This service is divided into several components:
- Analysis of a business problem and diagnosis.
- Evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of an existing training program.
- Advice on the choice of an LMS or LCMS.
Why conduct a training-needs analysis?
We all know that appearances are sometimes deceiving—the same is true when it comes to training. This means there is always a risk that you could invest in good training that will not necessarily generate the expected results, simply because it does not meet real needs. Although a company might be aware of a training problem that exists, it is not usually equipped to find a solution, most notably because:
- its view of the problem is biased by its interpretation of the facts
- training may not be the answer to the problem in question
- no one in-house has the pedagogical skills to conduct a thorough analysis
What are the benefits of an analysis?
In the short term, to validate if there is a real need for training.
In the medium term, once the need is confirmed, the analysis provides the keys for:
- improving and optimizing an existing training program
- finding solutions and areas for improvement
- ensuring that existing training complies with best practices
- relying on recommendations from experts in the field of technology-based education
This diagnosis helps managers make informed and cost-effective training decisions.
Why evaluate the relevance of an existing training program?
The short answer is simply because there is something at stake! It may be that the program is not generating results, that the participants are not satisfied, or that the participants are satisfied but their manager is not, etc.
Unfortunately, it can often be difficult to precisely and objectively identify what the problem might be. Is the trainer failing to deliver the course effectively? Is the material not up to date? Is it the wrong audience? Or perhaps even something else?
What are the benefits of evaluating an internal training course?
Training is an investment that only pays off when participants develop their skills and, in so doing, help meet the company's objectives.
If training fails to achieve this, it is indeed a wasteful expense.
Evaluating or re-evaluating training is a good approach to use in order to:
- identify the causes of inefficiency
- improve and optimize existing training
- ensure that existing training applies best practices and meets standards
- rely on recommendations from experts in pedagogical engineering
Our training assessment report provides recommendations based on best practices in andragogy or techno-pedagogy. Corrective measures aligned with the organization's objectives are also offered.
Summary of the respective characteristics of these tools:
LMS or LCMS
An LMS (Learning Management System) or SGA (Système de gestion des apprentissages) makes it possible to manage everything that revolves around registration, course selection, fees, the beginning and end of training, the time spent by each participant on each module, test evaluation results, etc.
The LCMS (Learning Content Management System) is a tool that accompanies most LMSs and allows instructional designers and experts to design online courses and make them available on the LMS platform.
Investing in such tools is significant in terms of effort, change management and budget. Mistakes are expensive and it is difficult to backtrack once the implementation is launched. As such, it's best to start things off on the right foot.
Getting advice on choosing the right tool allows you to:
- rely on the recommendations of our experts in techno-pedagogy, LMS and LCMS.
- identify the best solution for your needs through a methodical analysis.
How does the LMS or LCMS consulting service work?
Identify the right tool and compare the merits of each one.
With several years of experience in training and skills development, our consulting team has cutting-edge expertise in this area, which enables us to guide our clients and help them identify the appropriate solution.
Since each case is unique, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. We must therefore conduct a rigorous needs analysis before recommending the appropriate technology from among the hundreds of solutions currently available on the market.
Photo par n RFid pour Unsplah