ObjectivesAt the end of this training, the participant will be able to summarize the important points of a meeting and to follow up, if necessary.
Targeted audienceAdministrative personnel.
- Meeting minutes: purpose and contents
- Meeting agenda
- Different meeting room layout options
- Aspects of preparation: organization, equipment, people
- Key information and objectives to keep in mind
- The importance of the relationship with the meeting facilitator
- Active and selective listening
- What to note, and how to make note of it
- Taking notes effectively
- Sticking to the basics
- Creating and using your own list of abbreviations
- Reviewing and organizing your notes
- General principles of readability
- Techniques for adopting a concise and readable style
We invite you to bring an example of notes you have taken during a particular meeting as well as the resulting minutes. This will enable us to better target your needs.