Objectives of the trainingTo provide the knowledge and skills required to understand the challenges of IT asset management and thoroughly analyze the key elements that need to be implemented in order to ensure effective and productive management.
Targeted audiencePersonnel involved in IT asset management (asset managers, analysts). Maintenance and support personnel will also benefit from this course.
PrerequisiteBasic knowledge of the ITIL® V3 framework (Course TI111) is recommended.
- Key goals and concepts in IT asset management, based on ITIL® 2011
- Governance issues in asset management
- Procedures, roles and responsibilities
- Key performance indicators (KPI)
- Challenges associated with asset management
- The CMDB and the DML
- The product catalog
- Standardizing product names
- Managing licenses and ensuring contract compliance
- Optimizing the use of assets
- Asset management support tools
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library®: IT Infrastructure Library ® ™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.