ObjectivesTo help participants break down mental barriers and open up to innovation. Break out of your rut and lay down concrete strategies that lead to creativity.
Targeted audienceAny audience.
PrerequisiteViewing of The Shawshank Redemption movie. For more information, see the General Note in the Details section.
- What is creativity and innovation?
- Difference between the two approaches and their benefits for the company
- Why innovation is important to the survival of busionesses
- Responding to the needs of the market
- Innovation, personal, non-hierarchical process and source of motivation
- Shifting pradigms by creating a culture of creativity and innovation
- Difference between a traditional organization and a learning organization
- Moving from linear thinking to creative and innovative thinking
- Demystifying the creative process
- Challenging presumptions: the ladder of inference
- Learning to detect automatisms
- Updating beliefs
- Understanding the creative process: vision, reality and obstacles
- Using obstacles to realize one’s vision
- Discovering personal and organizational obstacles to creativity
- Developing habits and using the right tools: dare to implement strategies for success
In order to get the most out of this training seminar, we ask that you view the movie, The Shawshank Redemption before attending. The basic premise of this inspiring movie rests on certain principles of creativity that we will examine during class. By viewing the movie beforehand, you will be able to quickly and easily understand the principles taught and therefore be better able to put them into practice afterwards.