ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, participants will be able to organize and run effective remote meetings.
Targeted audienceAnyone who needs to hold meetings, either in person or remotely.
- Key questions to ask yourself
- Effectively preparing for a meeting: 8 critical aspects
- Skills required for effectively facilitating a meeting: interpersonal skills and know-how
- Meeting facilitation techniques
- Effective communication techniques
- Ensuring a dynamic start to every meeting
- How meetings unfold
- Strategies for preventing and managing difficult situations and participants
- Concluding, evaluating and following up on meetings
- Unique characteristics of online meetings: do’s and don’ts
Our learner-centred approach
Using case studies, situation simulations, practical exercises and though-provoking activities, participants will develop the skills they need to hold effective meetings. Theory: 20%. Practice: 80%
Type of training
Learning objective: Participants will be able to prepare meetings.
- Defining the relevance of the meeting
- Defining needs and preparing the meeting
- Rules of engagement
- Deciding who will attend
- Time and duration
- Choosing the location
- Invitation and agenda
Learning objective: Participants will be able to facilitate meetings to ensure they achieve the expected results
- Starting the meeting – establish the work context
- Facilitating and encouraging decision making
Learning objective: Participants will be able to manage human dynamics during the meeting.
- Applying the principles of behaviour management
- Managing certain disruptive behaviours
- The chatterbox
- The latecomer
- Off-topic discussions
- The persecutor
- The victim
- The saviour
Learning objective: Participants will be able to conclude meetings and conduct follow-ups to confirm and maintain participant commitment.
- Validating alignment
- Going over the next steps
- Obtaining feedback
- Recognizing completed tasks
- Conducting rigorous follow-ups