ObjectivesAnnual performance reviews are an important tool for both managers and staff. They’re an opportunity to assess skills and performance, and to define new goals. The details differ from one company to the next, but it’s still possible to identify some best practices and a meeting structure that can be used generally. This course will give you more control over your annual reviews, so that they become opportunities for constructive, positive dialog.
Targeted audienceBusiness unit managers, department managers, anyone who has to run performance reviews.
1. What's at stake in performance reviews?
- What are your biggest goals?
- What's at stake?
- What are we working towards?
2. How should we conduct performance reviews?
- How do organization and structure come into play?
- What are the four golden rules?
3. How can we define motivating goals?
- What about the future?
- What is a good goal?
- What's the SMART method for goal-setting?
- How should you set goals?
4. What's the best way to communicate feedback?
- How do our communication skills come into play?
- How can we give better feedback with empathy?
- Do we use enough positive reinforcement?
- What can make our listening more active?
5. How should we manage difficult situations?
- It doesn't always go smoothly...
- What's the toughest situation you've had to manage?
- What should we do about difficult situations?
- How can a generation gap come into play?
- How can we best manage different generations?
6. Put it into practice!
- Ready to conduct a performance review?
- Let's get meta!
- What's at stake at a performance review
- How to conduct performance reviews
- 4 golden rules for successful reviews
- Setting motivating goals: the SMART method
- Active listening
- Difficult situations during reviews
100% online training with completely flexible schedule. Accessible anytime from anywhere. This training includes interactive modules, questionnaires, videos, tools and fact sheets. One-year access to the training.