ObjectivesTo provide the knowledge and skills required to obtain the "Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)" certificate, which is an independent qualification, but also represents the last step of the certification process for intermediate ITIL® V3 (service lifecycle or service capability streams) leading to qualification as an ITIL® Expert in Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
Targeted audienceAnyone who has completed the 4 or 5 intermediate ITIL® courses (service life cycle or service capability streams) and who wishes to be certified as ITIL® Expert.
PrerequisiteAt least 17 credits in formal ITIL® courses, whether via the Service Lifecycle Stream or the Service Capability Stream. It is also recommended that candidates read the principal ITIL publications on the service life cycle before starting certification training. In order to write the certification exam, candidates must complete at least 28 hours of study (training hours, apart from breaks, with an accredited training organization or an accredited online e-learning course) within a training program approved by AXELOS.
- Key concepts of the service life cycle
- Involving and communicating with stakeholders
- The objectives, processes, functions and activities of business, management and supervision
- Interfaces and interactions between the processes defined in the five basic publications of ITIL®
- Service exploitation
- Service transition
- Service design
- Service strategy
- Continuous service improvement
- Governance and organization
- Monitoring and metrics
- Implementing and improving the service capabilities in service management
- Vocabulary and terminology in the official ITIL® glossary
- Exam preparation
- Certification exam
Practice exams: Practice exams supplied by AXELOS will be distributed to participants in order to help them prepare for the written certification exam.
“ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.” “IT Infrastructure Library ® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.” "The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.” "Accredited ITIL® training is provided by Qualiti7 International, a Training Organization certified by PeopleCert."
The course material is based on the AXELOS syllabus: The ITIL Managing Across the Life Cycle Certificate Syllabus v5.2