Understand key UX concepts and methods. Become a proponent of user-centered design in their organisations. Become familiar with basic methods to integrate UX design in their projects
IT leaders and digital project managers, including product directors, marketing managers, account executives and project leaders. Anyone interested in the user experience and how it can be integrated into their products.
I discovered a different side of UX and this course made me want to know more about the topic.
Cathya M. / Conseillère en intégration multimédia, Banque Nationale du Canada
- The user experience, user-centered design, interaction design, usability, the usage context and how all of these factors are related
- Preconceived ideas and the challenges of UX, and the common disciplines
- Characteristics of users and the link with design principles (cognitive mechanisms, emotional responses, etc.)
- Principles and advantages of integrating UX activities in product development
- When and how to implicate users in the process - the methods and the value of a strategy based on collaboration and empathy
- How to integrate the ideas and suggestions of users collected during the various phases of the development cycle (from strategy to design)
- Costs, challenges, advantages and benefits (RSI) of integrating UX activities in the development process
- UX as a communication tool and ways to promote the value of UX in the enterprise
- Immersion and practice: review of several case studies, discussions and role-playing exercises to focus critical attention on UX and usability. A combination of theory and problem solving exercises
The certification exam takes place at the end of the second day of training. The certification exam is composed of a multiple choice test followed by a one-on-one interview with the instructor.