To provide the knowledge and skills required to implement and manage a project portfolio or a group of projects in order to ensure multi-project follow-up.
Project managers (PM3), advisors, department heads, directors, engineers, accountants and finance specialists. .
Knowledge of IT project management (Course GE101) or project management for engineers (Course GE401).
- Strategic alignment of projects: relationship between project selection and strategic planning
- Portfolio planning: identification of projects and programs, categorization, evaluation, project selection and prioritization, including the integrated management of multiproject workflow and staffing (capacity management)
- Portfolio tracking and control: dashboards, performance indicators and status reports
- Establishing a portfolio management process
- Establishing a Project Life Cycle (PLC): Gating System
- Portfolio management tools
- Computer simulations
- Exercises and case studies
Very educational, with many examples ans tools to use.
Florence C. / Gestionnaire de programmes, Bell Canada