To provide the knowledge and skills required to plan for, follow up on and control all aspects of an IT project.
Development supervisors, PM1 project coordinators, consultants, department heads, managers, engineers, accountants as well as those who work in purchasing or finance.
Participation in at least one IT project.
To learn the basis of project management, this course is excellent!
Mathieu L. / Expert conseil, Société Radio-Canada
- Justifying methodology: Why manage projects? Key issues, success factors and lessons learned
- Roles and responsibilities of the project manager
- Principles behind project management: breakdown of work (planning and control), levels of intervention (strategic, tactical and operational), typical project structures and cycles as well as the benefits of project management
- Strategic level planning: defining the project charter (mandate)
- Tactical level planning: implementing a global plan, management by deliverables, estimating risks and costs, building a schedule
- Operational planning: detailed plan
- Operational tracking: metrics for measuring progress, earned value and individual reviews
- Tactical tracking: project committees, change requests and progress reports
- Strategic tracking: steering committees
- Case studies
Note: Even though the course includes a case study based on information technology, the same concepts and principles apply to all types of projects.