The DASA DevOps Practitioner enhances the knowledge and skills acquired during the DevOps Fundamentals course. It covers four areas of competence required in order to effectively use DevOps, as defined by DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association). This course leads to and includes the DevOps Practitioner certification.
IT professionals who work in IT organizations and wish to adopt and maintain Agile service management practices.
- The importance of the DevOps culture and aspects that can influence it
- Why courage, team work, leadership and continuous improvement is necessary in a DevOps environment
- Why courage is necessary in order to establish trust and allow for experimentation
- Identification and evaluation of different types of behaviours in a DevOps environment
- Recognizing the signs of team obstacles and/or dysfunctions
- How to create high-performance DevOps teams
- The effects of happiness and motivation on team performance
- Evaluating the maturity of DevOps teams
- Identifying good leaders who encourage feedback and transparency
- Discussion of factors that good leaders can establish in order to help build trust
- Explaining how and why good leaders promote a secure failure environment
- Analysis of value chains in order to improve flow
- Providing the tools required for continuous improvement, structured problem-solving workshops, story mapping sessions and retrospective
- Exam preparation
- Certification exam
Course material is based on the DASA: DevOps Fundamentals - Syllabus V1.0.
Exam note: Practice exams provided by DASA will be distributed to participants in order to help them prepare for the certification exam.