To become familiar with Web writing techniques that capture the attention of readers, and learn to apply and validate these techniques through practical exercises.
Communications managers, Webmasters and anyone involved in writing content for a Website.
Basic knowledge of the Internet and word processing.
- Basic principles of Web writing: orientation, information and action
- Clarity, visibility and legibility issues
- The behaviour, needs and expectations of Web surfers (based on eye-tracking studies)
- Text conciseness and segmentation
- Classification of pages, navigation and trigger words
- Managing space on screen
- Benefits and constraints of using hyperlinks
- Creating text and layout based on the logic of the service provided
- Adapting a paper document for Web-based presentation
- Integrating elements to improve the visual impact of information
- Editing a document that can be easily optimized for search engines
- Editing a blog
- Social media, content curation and editing
- Neuro-linguistic programming and Web writing
- Editing for mobile devices: inherent challenges
- Narrative communication and story-telling
- Critical reviews of selected web sites and blogs
- Practical exercises
A well-structured course full of relevant examples.
Marilyne L. / Assistante de communication, Institut de la Francophonie pour le dév. durable