To provide the knowledge and skills required to develop modular applications for the Web using advanced features of PHP 5 and associated tools.
Developers and Web specialists.
Knowledge of PHP (Course WE121) or of an object-oriented programming language. Knowledge of XML technologies is recommended (Course WE119).
- Sessions and user tracking
- Object-oriented concepts in PHP5 (polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, reflection, serialization)
- Handling errors with the try-catch construction
- Using namespaces
- Configuring autoload
- Unit tests with PHPUnit
- Processing XML (the SimpleXML extension, XPath queries, server-side XSL transformations, the DOM XML extension)
- A few Web patterns (controls, business objects, data mapper)
- Analysis of an application created using the MVC pattern
Specific details of the course material focused on students' needs.
Daniel D. / Programmeur analyste, École Polytechnique de Montréal