To provide the knowledge and skills required to use HTML5 and its principle APIs to create Web applications. .
Developers and integrators.
The course is well structured; The trainer knows the subject very well.
Abdelkrim A. / Webmestre, Maxxum
- Overview of the HTML5 context, its APIs and the CSS3
- HTML5 syntax: elements, attributes, DOCTYPE
- Overview of support, emulators and syntax validation
- Custom attributes with data and DOMHTML5
- Forms: new input controls; the placeholder, required, min, max and autofocus attributes; the datalist, meter, progress and output elements; editable content
- Video and audio: formats and codecs supported, including them in a page without programming, or using APIs to control them programmatically
- Local storage API for saving unstructured local information
- Overview of the IndexedDB API and usage through the LocalForage abstraction layer
- Overview of API service workers for storing application resources for offline access
- Requirements for a progressive Web app (PWA) and creation of the manifest
- User interaction: drag and drop and File API
- API history
- Introduction to the WebSocket protocol and API
Note that the structural elements (section, article, header, footer, nav, aside, main, figure, time, picture) are presented in the HTML course (Course WE106).