To provide the knowledge and skills to build an HTML document (based on appropriate style conventions), to be sent using mass emailing applications.
Web managers and administrative personnel.
Knowledge of HTML (Course WE106) and style sheets (Course WE137).
Very good teacher, knows the topic very well!
Anne-Marie L. / Préposée aux services marketing et aux T.I., Chenelière Education Inc.
- Overview of how to build an email and list of various types of clients: autonomous clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, MacOS Mail), public web-based clients (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail), private web-based clients (Squirrel, Horde, etc.)
- Email campaigns in a global context: tools and the necessary steps
- Technical issues involved in developing a newsletter: the subset of CSS styles supported by all clients, using CSS styles, maximum sizes for content, image linking, hyperlinks
- Identifying features that cannot be used in newsletters
- Exercise: preparing a simple newsletter, and incorporating more ambitious approaches
- Tools and techniques for testing a newsletter
- Overview of the possibilities for sending newsletters, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each: email clients, newsletter applications, online services/email marketers (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, CakeMail), CRM tools
- Brief discussion of adaptive newsletters
This course does not address writing issues related to newsletters.