To provide the knowledge and skills required to use WordPress by means of its administration console in order to manage the content of a web site for a small business or organization.
Knowledge of HTML (Course WE106). Familiarity with style sheets (Course WE106) and PHP (Course WE121) is recommended.
This is my 8th course with Technologia and I am completely satisfied. This course is perfect for those who want to create their own Web site.
Isabelle D. / Adjointe exécutive, Innovation maritime
- The difference between an article and a page
- Articles: creating and editing the content (formatted text with hyperlinks), associating categories and tags
- Page management: creating and editing content, organizing a hierarchy of pages, managing URLs, using a page template
- Publishing content
- Handling media: adding images and downloadable files, inserting an image or a link to a downloadable file in a page or an article
- Supporting comments in a page or in an article, and moderating the comments
- Changing the appearance of the base theme via the administration interface
- Creating blocks with widgets: text, archives, popular content, posts, search
- Creating a customized menu and associating it with the theme
- Inserting WordPress.com gadgets: inserting a video hosted on a service such as YouTube, configuring voting mechanisms, sharing on social media, enabling a mobile theme, inserting contact forms and mini-polls
- Managing users and permissions
- Exporting text content as XML
- Using autonomous installation: importing content in XML format from a WordPress site, installing a pre-developed theme
Participants will use WordPress.com in the cloud to create a site, and during the last two hours of the course will import their work into WordPress installed on their workstations.