To provide the knowledge and skills required to install and configure an environment of virtual desktops using VMware Horizon View, publish virtual applications using ThinApp, AppVolume and RDS RemoteApp, and carry out the main administration tasks required to maintain the environment.
All networking specialists (other than DBAs).
Experience with TCP/IP networking, managing a Windows Client / Server environment (Course MS528), managing Active Directory, VMware vSphere (Course VM110) and/or Optimisation vSphere (Course VM105).
- Concepts related to virtual desktops
- Overview of VMware Horizon View
- Installing and configuring Horizon View components
- The RDP and PCoIP communication protocols
- Horizon View management tools
- Installing and configuring the virtual machines that will become virtual desktops
- Installing and configuring the virtual desktop agent
- Deploying and managing Linked-Clone and Template images
- Deploying pools of virtual desktops
- The various clients of Horizon View
- Printing and redirecting USB peripherals with Horizon View
- Deploying View Persona Management for managing user profiles
- Using ThinApp to virtualize applications
- Using AppVolume to separate the application layer and deploy it instantly
- Integrating and deploying virtual applications with ThinApp and RDS RemoteApp under Horizon View
The course material is in English.