To provide the knowledge and skills required to install and configure a VMware vSphere 6.7 infrastructure and master the main administrative tasks associated with a VMware vSphere infrastructure
Network specialists (other than DBAs).
Experience with TCP/IP networking and Windows Client/Server administration.
Please note that training courses are non-consecutive days
- February 13 to February 14 2020 AND February 20 to February 21 2020
- June 18 to June 9 2020 AND June 15 to June 16 2020
- Overview of the VMware vSphere suite
- Planning for, installing and configuring the vSphere ESXi hypervisor
- Tools for managing the VMware vSphere suite
- Managing and configuring a standalone VMware vSphere host
- Planning for and deploying a vCenter Server instance or vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA)
- Configuring virtual networks with the vSwitch standard switch
- Integrating and configuring centralized storage with iSCSI or NFS
- Creating and managing virtual machines, templates and snapshots
- Techniques for securing and delegating the administration of the vSphere suite
- Managing and monitoring resource usage
- Configuring and managing alarms with VMware vSphere vCenter
- Configuring and managing advanced features of VNware ESXi clusters of hosts: VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), vSphere High Availability (HA), Fault Tolerance (FT)
- Applying patches and updates to VMware ESXi hosts and virtual machines using vSphere Update Manager
- Overview of backup techniques and technologies with VMware
Most of the features discussed are available in all versions of VMware vSphere (6.5, 6.x, 6.0, 5.5)
The course material is in English.
Good overview of vSphere's functionalities.
Philippe V. / Technicien en informatique, Université de Montréal