To gain a good understanding of security issues on TCP/IP networks in order to implement proper security measures.
Those in charge of security or involved in architectural planning, network administration and management, system analysis and development.
Knowledge of TCP/IP (Course RE102).
Very good trainer. Clear explanations. Solid acquisition of knowledge.
Michel G. / Admin réseau, Agence Revenu du Canada
- Review of TCP/IP
- The weaknesses of TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, DNS and routing protocols: bypass solutions
- IP Address translation (NAT, PAT) and private addressing
- Firewalls and IPS/IDS: architecture and management
- Virtual private network functions with IPSec and SSL/TLS
- Authentication in IP networks: basic, strong authentication, and with ICP/PKI
- Security and IP telephony
- E-mail security (SMTP, POP3, IMAP4) and spam
- Privacy and e-mail signatures: S/MIME and OpenPGP
- Web security: SSL, TLS, S-FTP, SSH, certificates, sessions, authentication, cookies
- The example of kernel security: Apparmor versus SELinux
- Cloud computing and TCP/IP security
Note: intrusion prevention and detection is covered in greater depth in Course RE110.