To become familiar with the role and operation of all protocols from the TCP/IP family.
Network administrators, Web specialists, IT managers, project managers and directors (other than CEOs)..
Knowledge of network technologies (Course RE101).
- Multi-layer architecture: TCP/IP
- Public and private IP addresses
- Routing: routing tables, routing protocols (RIP, OSPF) vs. routed protocols
- ARP protocol (MAC address resolution) and RARP protocol (MAC reverse address resolution)
- IP protocol: services, addressing and routing
- ICMP (Internet Control Message) protocol
- UDP (User Datagram) protocol: kinematics, ports and datagram format
- TCP (Transmission Control) protocol: kinematics, ports and segment format
- SNMP (Simple Network Management) protocol
- The DNS, FTP/SFTP and Telnet/SSH services
- TCP/IP security: virtual private networks (VPN), IPSec, SSL and TLS and access control lists
- Voice over IP, IP telephony
- The future of TCP/IP: IPv6, Voice over IP, telephony, SNMP V3, MPLS and quality of service (QoS), Cloud Computing
Ghislain A. / Chargé de projet: informatique et support, Riobel inc.