To provide the knowledge and skills required to optimize MS SQL Server 2014 / 2016 to get the highest possible performance for complex and/or high-volume applications.
Database administrators and developers.
Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 administration (Courses MS509).
- Introduction to performance optimization: physical design, load analysis
- MS SQL Server storage mechanisms: files, FILEGROUPS, extensions and pages
- Indexes: creation, options, structure, parameterization
- Indexed views, partitioned views and partitioned tables
- The role of the optimizer: how it works, query optimization
- Refining queries: the query execution plan and execution statistics
- SQL Server and VMs
- MS SQL Server with Windows: CPU utilization, virtual memory management, RAID disks
- Transactions and locks: exclusive and shared, range, page and table locks, isolation levels, hints
- Performance monitoring, stored procedures, perfmon, alerts, MS SQL Profiler
- Using the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Maintaining indexes (defragmentation) and statistics
Very good trainer, gives many concrete examples.
Denis P. / Programmeur informatique, Groupe Lacasse