To provide the knowledge and skills required to make effective use of MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- SSIS Architecture and the SSIS development environment
- Key SSIS concepts: containers, tasks, precedence constraints, data streams, connectivity, variables, and package configurations
- Creation of a control stream and package data
- Component connection and data streams
- Designing high-performance, extensible packages
- Designing packages for complex tasks
- Debugging SSIS packages: executing a package, defining breakpoints, adding a data inspector
- Controlling the progress of data streams
- Configuring and deploying SSIS packages
- Switching between project mode and package mode
- Deploying packages to SSIS databases
- Using SSIS ETL features (Extract, Transform and Load)
- Using transformations: derived columns, slowing changing dimensions, fuzzy lookups and fuzzy grouping
Gives practical tools and concrete examples.
Marc P. / Conseiller Senior, Banque Nationale du Canada