To provide the knowledge and skills required to install, configure and administer MS SQL Server 2012, 2014 and 2016.
Developers, database administrators, network specialists and Web specialists.
knowledge of SQL (Course BD102).
- Overview of MS SQL Server architecture
- Planning the installation of MS SQL Server
- MS SQL Server administration tools
- Migrating to MS SQL Server 2016
- Overview of improvements to SQL Server 2016
- New features of tempdb
- The memory buffer pool extension
- Optimized memory tables
- Presentation, creation and configuration of user and system databases
- New features of performance optimization
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Optimizing storage with backup compression
- Managing access, permissions and certificates
- Using Always Encrypted, Row-level Security and Dynamic Data Masking
- Running and automating administrative procedures
- Managing and optimizing indexes
- The Columnstore index
- Using Profiler and Extended Events (XEvents) for monitoring usage
- Tracking and optimizing performance and load levels
- Implementing replication
- Maintaining high availability with AlwaysOn
Very complete and instructive!
Marc-André L. / Responsable informatique, Services de Transport Trac-World Inc.