To provide the knowledge and skills required to manage and administer a ConfigMgr 1511 environment.
Level 2 and 3 system administrators and support personnel possessing a good knowledge of Windows system administration.
Experience in TCP/IP networking and Windows Client / Server system administration (Courses MS528, MS414).
Perfect course for learning the majority of the software's functionalities.
Nicolas C. / Technicien informatique, École Polytechnique de Montréal
- Presentation of System Center Configuration Manager 1511
- Deployment scenarios, possible architectures and hierarchies
- Planning a typical deployment with a single primary site
- Secondary sites in a hierarchy: when to install and use them
- Preparing the deployment of the ConfigMgr 1511 site
- Installing the primary site server
- Installing and configuring site roles
- Monitoring and recovery tools
- Monitoring the site systems
- Discovering and organizing resources
- Planning and deployment methods for the ConfigMgr client
- Managing the Configuration Manager client
- Configuring Wake On LAN, and remote power management control
- Managing hardware and software inventories
- Managing the the Software Metering application controller
- Deploying applications: exe, msi and script
- Deploying Microsoft service packs and software updates
- Integrating the Endpoint Protection antivirus
- Introduction to mobile peripherals management
- Managing reports
- Administrator roles and delegating administration
- Maintenance and monitoring
- Backup and restore strategies
Most of the features discussed are available in all versions of System Center Configuration Manager - SCCM/ConfigMfr (1511, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012 and 2007).
The course material is in English.
This course partially prepares you for the Microsoft 70-243 certification exam.