To provide the knowledge and skills required to design, implement and maintain a network infrastructure with Windows Server 2019 / 2016 and Active Directory services, with the constraints of a geographically distributed environment and requirements for high availability.
Windows Server system administrators.
Experience with client/server environments under Windows Server 2019 / 2016 / 2012 R2 (Course MS528) and knowledge of TCP/IP networking. One year of experience with Active Directory and Microsoft network management.
- The architecture of "Active Directory Domain Services" (AD DS)
- Installing Active Directory
- Using PowerShell for advanced management of Active Directory
- Managing AD efficiently and securely, auditing changes in AD
- DDNS services and integration with Active Directory
- AD tools and management consoles
- Managing user and service accounts
- Strategies for managing AD objects
- Managing master operations
- AD service continuity
- Scenarios for migrating Active Directory and associated DNS and DHCP network services
- Maintaining, backing up and restoring Active Directory, third-party product
- Setting up the TCP/IP protocol
- Managing sites and Active Directory replication
- Delegating management of objects in Active Directory
- Installing and configuring the RODC domain controller in a branch office
- File availability with DFS (Distributed File System)
- Managing the security of information sharing and NTFS
- Infrastructure for managing data for mobile users with WorkFolder
- Managing IP addressing with DHCP and managing IP
- The WSUS update service
- The cluster service for files and printers
The course material is in English.
This course partially prepares you for the Microsoft 70-740 and the 70-741 certification exams.
Course well-adapted to system administrators reality.
Stéphane D. / Coordonnateur TI, Société Coopérative Agricole La Seigneurie