To provide the knowledge and skills required to administer Active Directory using group policies and preferences in Windows Server ADS 2016 / 2012 R2 / 2008 R2 networks.
Practical experience with Windows Server administration and Active Directory.
Highly relevant and useful.
Jean B. / Responsable TI, Transport Nanuk Inc.
- How Group Policy Objects (GPOs) work; using preferences
- Analysis of scenarios for migration to Windows 10
- Compatibility of GPO/GPP with Windows 10, 8, 7 and Windows Server 2016 / 2012 R2 / 2008 R2
- Differences between GPOs (strategy) and GPPs (preferences)
- Security features provided by GPOs
- Differences between local policies and Active Directory domain policies
- Validation of domain controller health to support GPOs
- ADMX administrative models and interface languages
- Using the new Group Policy Management Console with RSAT under Windows 10
- Restricting access to software (OS Enterprise version only) with GPOs
- Using GPOs to deploy applications (Office)
- Using group filters and WMI
- Saving, restoring and importing a GPO
- Documentation and validation of strategies
- Configuring firewalls with GPOs
- Replacing disk and printer connection scripts with GPP (Group Policy Preferences)
- Managing services with GPPs
- Managing local groups with GPPs
- Managing registry keys with GPPs
- Managing scheduled tasks with GPPs
- Using PowerShell for managing GPOs
The course material is in English.