To provide the knowledge and skills required to administer Active Directory using group policies and preferences in Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 networks.
Practical experience with Windows Server administration and Active Directory.
Detailed training, competent teacher.
Serge A. / Spécialiste technique, déploiement III, Intact Assurance
- How Group Policy Objects (GPOs) work; using preferences
- Compatibility of GPO/GPP with Windows 7, 8, 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2
- Differences between GPOs (strategy) and GPPs (preferences)
- Security features provided by GPOs
- Differences between local policies and Active Directory domain policies
- The admx administrative models
- Using the new Group Policy Management Console with RSAT under Windows 10
- Restricting access to software with GPOs
- Using GPOs to deploy applications (Office)
- Using group filters and WMI
- Configuring firewalls with GPOs
- Replacing disk and printer connection scripts with GPP (Group Policy Preferences)
- Documenting and policy validation
The course material is in English.