To provide the knowledge and skills required to make the transition to Microsoft's new web application development framework, ASP.NET Core 1
Web developers using Microsoft's ASP.NET MVC.
Experience developing applications with Microsoft's ASP.NET MVC (courses MN405 and MN310).
- History of ASP.NET and the .NET Framework
- Issues with the current .NET Framework
- What is ASP.NET Core 1.0?
- Advantages et disadvantages of ASP.NET Core 1.0
- The .NET Core library (CoreFX)
- CoreCLR runtime
- The .NET Execution Environment (DNX)
- The .NET version manager (DNVM)
- Development tools: Visual Studio, VS Code, Yeoman etc.
- Support for Windows, OSx and Linux
- The structure of an ASP.NET Core 1.0 project
- Nuget, Grunt, Gulp, npm and Bower package managers
- Creating tasks using Grunt and Gulp
- MVC 6 = MVC + Web API + Web Pages
- MVC 6 is entirely modular
- New features of the routing engine
- Tag Helpers vs. Html Helpers
- Migrating from earlier versions to ASP.NET Core 1.0