To provide the knowledge and skills required to install, configure and administer Linux servers.
Network specialists (other than DBAs).
Practical experience with basic UNIX commands (Course UN101).
Invaluable for Linux-Unix professionals.
Koffi K. / Infrastructure Specialist, -
- Introduction to Linux and its various distributions
- Architecture, including memory, tasks, I/O and modules
- Installation and hardware support
- Managing applications: archives and packages
- Administrative tools such as Webmin
- Structure and management of file systems, fdisk, LVM, ext4 tools, xfs and other, quotas, ACL
- Administering users: system files, private groups and PAM
- Managing processes and system journals
- Configuration and start-up processes, Systemd
- Configuring TCP/IP networks: network interfaces, routing, DNS and diagnostic tools
- Evolution of Linux administration; Notion of automation
Related project management, business risks and financial risks are not covered.