To provide the knowledge and skills required to use the Java language and its libraries to develop effective applications.
Software developers and Web specialists.
Knowledge of object-oriented concepts and practical experience with a programming language.
- Features and syntax of the Java language, the Java Virtual Machine, elements of syntax
- Object-oriented concepts in Java: basic principles, packages and modifiers, String and System classes
- Class hierarchies and abstract classes: inheritance, subclasses, abstract classes and interfaces, casting, final classes and overloaded methods
- Overview of standard Java libraries
- Introduction to enumerated types and autoboxing
- Exceptions handling: syntax, exceptions handling approaches
- Managing files: important classes and serialization
- Database programming with JDBC
- Java event handling: important classes and interfaces, event handling approaches
- Creating Java applications
- Creating and using multithreaded applications
- Lambda functions
- Using streams to process data
For a beginner, the course is clear and well explained.
Jean-Phlippe D. / Développeur, Stratégies St-Michael Inc.