To provide the knowledge and skills required to optimize SQL requests in order to significantly improve application performance.
Knowledge of conceptual data modeling (Course BD101) and SQL syntax (Course BD102).
- Review of relational database design and normalization
- Problems related to collation
- The importance of table and column sizing
- Operations on tables: DELETE, INSERT, UPDATE
- The SELECT query and joins
- Sargable vs nonsargable queries
- Optimizing predicates: LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, NOT IN, EXISTS and INTERSECT
- Operations on groups (GROUP BY and correlated subqueries)
- Aggregation functions
- Auxiliary tables
- Handling views and temporary tables
- Optimizing subqueries and group operations
- The judicious use of indexes (for sorting and querying)
- Code optimization
- Cursors: when to use them and how to avoid them
- Presentation of some advanced techniques
A more in-depth look at SQL. The trainer is excellent, energetic, able to answer everyone's questions and provide examples.
Alnour G. / Analyste programmeur senior, Financière Banque Nationale