To provide the knowledge and skills required to install, configure and manage an Oracle 12c database.
Developers (other than supervisors) and network specialists (other than those who work in security).
Knowledge of Oracle 11g (Course OR101) and system administration (Windows Server 2008 or UNIX)
- Overview of the Oracle 12c database architecture (non-CDB, CDB and PDB)
- Preparing and installing a database based on OFA standards
- Managing the database instance and network configuration
- Memory structures (SGA and PGA) and parameters
- Managing logical (TABLESPACES) and physical (DATAFILES) memory
- Managing the undo tablespace (UNDO and RETENTION)
- Different types of tables: standard, partitioned, external, temporary
- Different index types: B*tree, bitmap, function based, reverse key, partitioned
- Managing security (users, privileges and roles)
- Setting up auditing (UNIFIED AUDIT TRAIL)
- Introduction to FLASHBACK concepts (query, table, drop table and database)
- Backup and restore using RMAN
- Introduction to the DATAPUMP tool
Effective and covers the entire subject in just a few days.
Alain R. / Conseiller(ère) Mise en expl. des appl., Hydro-Québec