To provide the knowledge and skills required to effectively use Oracle 11g/12c.
Developers, Web specialists and those in network positions.
Conceptual data modeling (Course BD101) and knowledge of a programming language.
- Introduction to the Oracle database (physical structure, memory structures)
- Essential elements of data modeling
- Overview of Oracle relational objects (tables, views, sequences)
- Introduction to the SQLDEVELOPER environment
- Differences between SQL and SQL*Plus commands
- Queries, display and formatting of data in a table
- Basic formatting functions (e.g.: TO_CHAR, TO_DATE, SUM, AVG, etc.)
- Introduction to complex queries
- Using simple and complex joins
- Nested queries using the IN and EXISTS operators
- Inserting, updating and deleting data in a table (DML)
- Creating, modifying and deleting Oracle tables
- Managing integrity constraints (PRIMARY KEY, UNIQUE KEY, NOT NULL)
- Controlling user access to tables
- Granting, confirming and revoking privileges on standard tables
Note: Even though the course is presented using Oracle Express 11g Edition, the concepts and techniques covered apply equally well to the Standard and Business Editions.
Great teacher. The content is really satisfying.
Paul C. / Conseiller Technologique, Emergex Subventions Inc.