To provide the knowledge and skills required to effectively use Oracle 11g/12c.
Developers, Web specialists and those in network positions.
Conceptual data modeling (Course BD101) and knowledge of a programming language.
Good basis for Oracle and its general understanding.
Alexandre A. / Analyste Exploitation TI, Hydro-Québec
- Introduction to the Oracle database (physical structure, memory structures)
- Essential elements of data modeling
- Overview of Oracle relational objects (tables, views, sequences)
- Introduction to the SQLDEVELOPER environment
- Differences between SQL and SQL*Plus commands
- Queries, display and formatting of data in a table
- Basic formatting functions (e.g.: TO_CHAR, TO_DATE, SUM, AVG, etc.)
- Introduction to complex queries
- Using simple and complex joins
- Nested queries using the IN and EXISTS operators
- Inserting, updating and deleting data in a table (DML)
- Creating, modifying and deleting Oracle tables
- Managing integrity constraints (PRIMARY KEY, UNIQUE KEY, NOT NULL)
- Controlling user access to tables
- Granting, confirming and revoking privileges on standard tables
Note: Even though the course is presented using Oracle Express 11g Edition, the concepts and techniques covered apply equally well to the Standard and Business Editions.