To provide the knowledge and skills required to make effective use of Oracle 11g/12c.
Analysts, designers, programmers and database administrators who work with Oracle databases.
Conceptual data modeling (Course BD101) and knowledge of a programming language.
Excellent trainer, knows how to adapt his course to the group knowledge.
Nathalie R. / Analyste-programmeur, Mouvement Desjardins
- Introduction to the Oracle database (physical structure, memory structures)
- Essential elements of data modeling
- Survey of Oracle relational objects (tables, views, sequences)
- Introduction to the SQLDEVELOPER environment
- Differences between SQL and SQL*Plus commands
- Queries, display and formatting of table data
- Basic formatting functions (e.g. TO_CHAR, TO_DATE, SUM, AVG, etc.)
- Introduction to complex queries
- Using simple and complex joins
- Nested queries using the IN and EXISTS operators
- Inserting, updating and deleting table data (DML)
- Creating, updating and dropping Oracle tables
- Managing integrity constraints (PRIMARY KEY, UNIQUE KEY, NOT NULL)
- Controlling user access to tables
- Granting and revoking privileges on tables
Note: Even though the course is presented using Oracle Express 11g Edition, the concepts and techniques covered apply equally well to the Standard and Business Editions.