To provide the knowledge and skills required to create and edit digital images.
Illustrators, graphic artists and Web designers who are not familiar with Photoshop.
Very clear course, practical training course, excellent trainer.
Marianne B. / Chef de projets, Médias sociaux, Loto-Québec
- Getting to know the work space: using the tools, viewing images, working with palettes, and using the file browser
- Working with selections: selecting with the rectangular and elliptical marquee tools, the magic wand, and the lasso tools, and adding, subtracting and transforming selections
- Photo retouching: resizing, changing resolution, adjusting tonal range, saturation and lightness
- Layer basics: creating and viewing layers, selecting and removing artwork on a layer, changing the opacity and the mode of a layer, adding a gradient to a layer, and adding a layer effect
- Editing and formatting text
- Advanced layers techniques: layering sets, adjustment layer, layer masks and layer styles
- Painting and editing: painting and filling with colour, painting within a selection, using custom brushes, creating gradients and soft-edge effects, painting with texture, and defining a brush
- Masks and channels: quick mask, channel mask and extract command
- Introduction to vector masks, paths and shapes
- Using the vanishing point tool
- Creating special effects
- Using the history tool
- Preparing images for the Web (JPEG, GIF, PNG)
Note: The course is presented with Adobe Photoshop CS6.