To provide the knowledge and skills required to create and edit digital images.
Illustrators, graphic artists and Web designers who are not familiar with Photoshop.
Very focus on the concrete, a lot of practice. Genious!
Smina B. / Coordonnatrice, Relations publiques, Loto-Québec
- Getting to know the work space: using the tools, viewing images, working with palettes, and using the file browser
- Working with selections: selecting with the rectangular and elliptical marquee tools, the magic wand, and the lasso tools, and adding, subtracting and transforming selections
- Photo retouching: resizing, changing resolution, adjusting tonal range, saturation and lightness
- Layer basics: creating and viewing layers, selecting and removing artwork on a layer, changing the opacity and the mode of a layer, adding a gradient to a layer, and adding a layer effect
- Editing and formatting text
- Advanced layers techniques: layering sets, adjustment layer, layer masks and layer styles
- Painting and editing: painting and filling with colour, painting within a selection, using custom brushes, creating gradients and soft-edge effects, painting with texture, and defining a brush
- Masks and channels: quick mask, channel mask and extract command
- Introduction to vector masks, paths and shapes
- Using the vanishing point tool
- Creating special effects
- Using the history tool
- Preparing images for the Web (JPEG, GIF, PNG)
Note: The course is presented with Adobe Photoshop CS6.