To provide the skills and knowledge required to effectively take on future role as front-line manager/leader.
Futurs managers or any secretary, administrative assistant, clerk or technician working towards the position of manager.
15 hours in 5 sessions of 3 hours
7 pm to 10 pm
Module 1 - Managing with leadership, courage and respect
- What is leadership?
- What type of manager will you be
- How to establish your credibility
- Defensive employee reactions and positive feedback
- Why it’s important to demonstrate managerial courage
- The advantages and disadvantages of a managerial position
Module 2 - Essential skills for new managers
- Understanding the organization’s vision and mission
- Meeting budget targets and effectively managing the budget
- The 10 essential skills every new manager should have
- Prioritizing emergencies—why and how?
- Managing people through the process of change
- Instrumental and fundamental values
- Moving from a high-performance group to a high-performance team
Module 3 - Acquiring essential communication skills for management
- Mechanistic communication and psychological communication
- Personal styles of communication
- Understanding communication networks
- Distinguishing verbal communication from non-verbal and para-verbal communication
- 6 behaviours to adopt for better communication
- How to properly translate thoughts into words and presentation
Module 4 - Mastering strategic reflection and political skills
- Ethics in the business place
- Learning to evaluate your judgment using an induction scale
- Ethical decision-making
- What type of manager will you be ?
- How to avoid the pitfalls of power
- The role of political skills in management
Module 5 - Managing through motivation by making good decisions
- How to interact with colleagues who have now become your employees
- How to delegate on a daily basis
- Leading effective and motivating meetings
- Carrying out stimulating performance evaluation meetings
- Building your own development plan as a manager
- Choosing between mentoring and coaching
- The importance of networking
Please ensure you have all of the equipment required to access your online training. You will need a headset (with microphone) connected to your computer along with a Web cam.
Training material (slides and psychometric tests) will be available for download before each online class.